Manchester City outperforms Brentford, taking second place in the group.

Browse By

Manchester City were no less tired than trying to win, grinding for a long time but unable to pass Mark Flecken before accepting the luck of Christopher Ajer’s mistake, losing control and slipping, allowing Erli Haaland pressed the goal. Brentford 1-0 increased to 56 points, moving past Arsenal to seize second place, chasing Liverpool with only one point remaining.

The first half of the game began at the 11th minute for the home team. Manchester City were greeted first from the moment Julian Alvarez opened the ball in front of the goal and Erling Haaland went up to head but was hit too far under the ball. Just a little beyond the crossbar.

In the 3rd minute, Manchester City got an early chance from Erling Haaland’s long-range shot, but it was too light, making it difficult for Brentford goalkeeper Mark Flecken to save.

In the 16th minute, Brentford got a chance to counter, Yoan Wissa stabbed the ball through the hole, Frank Onyega snatched the loose ball into the penalty area. But at the last moment, the shot was saved by Ederson.

After that, Man City set up the game. And controlled the ball and attacked almost alone. In the 34th minute, Rodri scooped the ball into the penalty area on the right side. Kyle Walker headed into the middle for Bernardo Silva to score a header. The ball unfortunately went off the post.

36 min: Manuel Akanji, Man City defender. Added to the game by striking far from outside the penalty area. But it didn’t get through the hands of Mark Flecken. Who flew the ball out of the back and did an excellent job. Report by

In the 37th minute, Man City almost got a win when Phil Foden launched the ball into the penalty area. The Brentford defenders block the ball into the path of Oscar Bobb. Look for an angle and slammed it in with his right. The ball flew past the goalkeeper but caught Ben Mee. Who was able to block the ball from above the goal line. Narrow Complete the first half The score is still tied 0-0.

In the second half, Man City continued to attack and press. Until they got the lead in the 71st minute from a counterattack. Julian Alvarez paid Erling Haaland to snatch the loose ball. And shoot it through the hands of Mark Flecken into the net. Man City took the lead by 1-0.

In the 80th minute, Man City almost got the second goal when Rodri playing the ball into the penalty area for Kyle Walker to add. And pass it into the middle for Erling Haaland to head in. But the linesman raised the flag that it was Walk. Ger was first in an offside position.

After that, Manchester City was the one who was able to control the game. But there were no more goals until the 90 minutes were up. At the end of the game, Man City won at home against Brentford 1-0. Collecting 56 points from 25 matches, overtaking Arsenal and rising to second place. Just one point behind leader Liverpool, while Brentford is in 14th place with the same 25 points.